Modern simulation methods support the development, the design and the optimization of novel devices and circuits of micro and nanoelectronics. Beside established approaches such as TCAD, quantum transport theories and electron structure simulations can be utilized to describe devices and applied materials on all scales.
- TCAD and classical device simulation
- Quantum transport simulation of nano devices
- Calculation of material properties by using ab initio methods
- Application example: silicon nano wires
- Application example: CNT/graphene-based devices
- Event-driven modeling and simulation of mixed-signal circuits
- Black box modeling of multi-physical systems