Fraunhofer ENAS shows its developments in Technology: from CMOS to Smart Systems and in Energy Efficient Systems at the joint booth of the Fraunhofer Group for Microelectronics at the SEMICON Europa 2016.
This years focussed topic Fraunhofer ENAS presents, is wafer-level integration of Carbon Nanotubes for electronics and sensor applications. A wafer-level technology platform is available on Fraunhofer ENAS in close cooperation with the Center for Microtechnologies at TU Chemnitz and within the cfaed of TU Dresden / TU Chemnitz in the research group Carbon Nano Devices. CNT-FETs manufactured at wafer-level will be characterized live at the booth on a small portable prober.
Furthermore, Fraunhofer ENAS presents its issues within the ALD Lab Saxony.
The main working fields of Fraunhofer ENAS in the largest German ALD cluster are
- Metal ALD, e.g. Cu, Ni, Co
- Deposition of oxides and nitrides
- Modeling of chemistry and equipment
- In situ analyses (XPS, Raman).
Additionally, we show the following key aspects of the institute in the field of MEMS packaging:
– Wafer level packaging and MEMS packaging
– 3D integration with feedthroughs (Through Silicon Substrate Via – TSV )
– Thin wafer handling
– Wafer, chip, and wire bonding
– Nano imprint lithography and hot embossing
– Aerosol-jet printing and screen printing
– Spray-coating and spin-on
– Layer deposition using Parylene®, PLD, PVD, and ECD
– Surface activation using CMP and plasma
– Die separation
– Micro energy storage devices and SuperCaps
– Electrical, mechanical, and thermal connecting
– Non-standard electronic substrates and interposer
– Characterization (hermiticity, strength, ultrasonic and IR microscopy)
Wed, Oct 26 - 3 pm
TechArena - Fraunhofer Group for Microelectronics Session
Advanced Technologies and Devices for Energy Efficient Systems
Prof. Dr. Stefan E. Schulz
(Deputy Director of Fraunhofer ENAS)