Services and Measurement Techniques
The department Advanced System Engineering provides customer-specific developments for industry and research institutes. All presented areas of research are available for services. In the following a short survey of special services and used measurement techniques is listed.
We offer the following services:
- Research and design of customer-specific electronic modules
- Model-based development methodologies for heterogeneous systems
- Development and optimization of RF antenna structures and circuits (RFID, WLAN and others) based on simulation and measurement methods
- Development of wired and wireless sensor systems
- EMC and EMR analysis, characterization and modeling of micro and nano electronic circuits and of parasitic electromagnetic effects
- Signal integrity analyses
- 3D near-field scanner for DUT sizes up to 50 x 80 x 50 cm; frequency range: DC – 6 GHz, optical contour determination of DUT surface
- 4-port network analyzer (Agilent N5230A):
frequency range: 30 kHz – 20 GHz; application: vectorial characterization of 4-port networks
- Impedance analyzer (Agilent 4294A): frequency range: 40 Hz – 110 MHz; application: characterization of lumped complex components, single port networks in low frequency domain
- Spectrum analyzer (HP 8563 E): frequency range: 9 kHz – 26 GHz; application: scalar frequency domain measurements, e.g. analysis of radiated spectrum of DUT
- Communication Signal Analyzer (Tektronix CSA 803): application: Time Domain Reflectometry characterization of transmission paths (20 GHz bandwidth), localization of impedance mismatches in transmission lines (e.g. cables) with ~ 5 mm resolution, high-speed sampling oscilloscope (up to 50 GHz)
- FCC TEM Crawford Cell (FCC-TEM-JM1):
frequency range: DC – 1200 MHz; application: immission and emission analysis for small objects such as ICs, modules, etc.
- Waferprober Cascade Summit 9000:
application: direct RF-conform probe testing of wafers or micro systems; probes can be placed with micrometer precision
- 4-channel oszilloscope (LeCroy waveRunner 640Zi):
band width: 4 GHz, 40 GS/s; application: characterization of high-frequency time domain signals, analysis of single events in long-time intervals by software controlled event triggers, synchronous analysis of analog (4 channel) and digital (18 channel) signals.
- CST STUDIO SUITE: Complete technology for 3D EM simulation; application: analysis of electromagnetic, electrostatic, magnetostatic and thermal behavior of 3D structures, combination of 3D simulation and circuit simulation results
- ANSYS Multiphysics application: 3D simulation of electromagnetic, mechanical and thermal effects