Spectral technologies and optical systems are ubiquitous in our everyday lives, and the applications are correspondingly diverse. They range from simple color sensors to complex laboratory spectrometers, from image sensors for photography to hyperspectral cameras for earth observation by satellites. All these applications are based on the interaction of electromagnetic radiation with matter in the ultraviolet, visible, near-infrared or infrared spectral range and the respective different and wavelength-dependent transmission, reflection and absorption properties of the materials.
With our interdisciplinary and profound know-how in the field of research and development of spectral sensors and miniaturized spectrometer systems, we are able to cover the complete value chain from design to prototype and to explore new technologies for highly miniaturized spectrometer systems together with you, to develop test strategies, to design manufacturing concepts and to offer routine investigations. Our fields of work include:
- Design and optimization of components and systems and their fabrication
- Controllable filters and choppers, wavelength selective emitters and absorbers
- Micro-optics and sub-wavelength structures - Testing and qualification
- Algorithm and application development
- Spectroscopy, Hyperspectral Imaging.