Smart Systems Campus
Fraunhofer Institute for Electronic Nano Systems
The Smart Systems Campus Chemnitz is an innovative network with expertise in micro and nano technologies as well as in smart systems integration. This technology park provides renowned scientific and technical centers with the entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen and an economic boost at a location where everything is on the spot. A close integration of science, applied research and industry is there an everyday reality and reflects a strategy that is being fulfilled.
The partners of the Smart Systems Campus Chemnitz are:
- Chemnitz University of Technology with Institute for Physics, Center for Microtechnologies (ZfM) and Center for Integrative Lightweigth Technology (ZIL)
- Fraunhofer Institute for Electronic Nano Systems ENAS
- Start-Up Building
- business park
The start-up building for companies related to the sector mentioned before forms an important part of the campus. There is space for approx. 15 start-up companies. In the present time the following companies are working there:
- Berliner Nanotest und Design GmbH (common labs with EUCEMAN, Chemnitzer Werkstoffmechanik GmbH, AMIC Angewandte MicroMesstechnik GmbH, Amitronics GmbH, SEDEMAT GmbH, Clean Technologies Campus GmbH)
- memsfab GmbH (common lab with Leibniz IFW)
- EDC Electronic Design Chemnitz GmbH
- LSE Lightweigth Structures Engineering GmbH
- SiMetrics GmbH
- saXXocon GmbH
- BiFlow Systems GmbH
- Truck Duotec GmbH
The campus not only opens doors for young entrepreneurs in the start-up building, but expanding companies can also make use of neighbouring space on a business park. Micro-systems technology oriented companies can set up in business in line with their requirements on an area measuring up to 7 hectares.
The first company in the park is the 3D-Micromac AG which develops and manufactures highly efficient and innovative machines for laser micro machining.
Since October 2011 there is a second building under construction – the microFLEX Center. The building will be rent by 3D-Micromac AG and Fraunhofer ENAS as a common research and production line. The microFLEX Center will be finished end of April 2012.
more information: www.smartsystemscampus.de