Competence network for nano systems integration
Fraunhofer Institute for Electronic Nano Systems
The research consortium nanett „nano system integration network of excellence - application of nano technologies for energy-efficient sensor systems“ is one of the successful initiatives of the second phase of the “Spitzenforschung und Innovation in den Neuen Ländern“ program, funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
Under the direction of the Chemnitz University of Technology and the Fraunhofer Research Institution for Electronic Nano Systems ENAS this dynamic network of nine different partners was formed to bring together their competences in the field of applied nano technologies.
Using that approach of combining the capabilities of several renowned scientific institutions enables international and domestic top level research on a competitive basis. The grant of the BMBF for the whole R&D joint venture amounts to 14 million Euros. The project started November 2009 at a duration of 5 years.
The greatest concern of the network is to be an attractive, competent and solid partner of the industry in the promising domain of nano and system integration technologies. To suit the requirements of high interdisciplinarity and due to huge invest costs for production and test equipment in the field of micro and nano technologies the usage of synergies by collaboration of different oriented research centers is essential for success and efficiency of joint research projects.
The following partners are cooperating within the nano system integration network of excellence:
- Chemnitz University of Technology (Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Faculty of Computer Science)
- the University of Applied Sciences Mittweida (FH)
- three Fraunhofer Institutes (Fraunhofer ENAS, Fraunhofer IZM and Fraunhofer IAP)
- three Institutes of the Leibniz Association (Leibniz IHP, Leibniz IFW and Leibniz IPF)
- the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin (HZB)
For more information please visit our website: www.nanett.org