Polymer based Low-Cost MEMS/NEMS
Fraunhofer Institute for Electronic Nano Systems
"Polymer based Low-Cost MEMS/NEMS" addresses the intrgration of micro and nano sensor as well as actuator functionalities as integrative components of smart systems. Focus is on nanocomposite based sensors as well as material integrated actuators for polymeric microsystems. Different markets are addressed, such as industrial process monitoring, environmental monitoring, food and beverage analysis as well as human and veterinary diagnostics. Related to nano composite based sensors industrial process monitoring is of strong interest. Thereby the sensors need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Cost-effective, large area, high sensitive sensors,
- Integration of sensor principles which could not be integrated up to now (integrated condition monitoring),
- Components and systems for precise reliability monitoring,
- Cost reduction based on mass production.
Fraunhofer ENAS provides services in:
- Development of system integrated functionalities based on nanocomposites,
- Customer specific configuration of the nano composites for specific applications, e.g. in lightweight structures engineering,
- Condition monitoring based on cost-effective nano composite based sensors,
- Development of customer specific fully integrated sensor and actuator solutions,
- Joint development with SMEs and industry in the field of molecular diagnostics and cell biology (lab-on-a-chip systems).